EMPLOYERS: Please email internship postings to FPRAOrlando@gmail.com. Word format is preferred.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN - Rollins College
Rollins College’s Marketing & Communications is looking for a Social Media Intern to join their team.
The student will be part of a passionate team working to strengthen Rollins College’s brand.
Strong writing skills and understanding of the digital media landscape are musts for this position. You will also need strong critical thinking and organizational skills in order to integrate into our timeline-centric work environment.
You will be responsible for creating a dynamic social media calendar and brainstorming story ideas for Rollins College’s social media presence.
Additionally, you will be in charge of planning for the Rollins College Student Social Media Ambassador Program, with the guidance and mentorship of the college’s Associate Director of Social Media.
- Continue the Rollins College Student Social Media Ambassador Program by creating campaign ideas, recruitment, and additional management duties.
- Write and edit social media postings
- Assist with social media optimization
- Monitor social networks
- Curate, organize and maintain a database of user generated content
- Conduct audits of competitors’ social media
- Manage social media monthly reports
- Perform other duties as requested
QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE:
- College junior, senior or post-graduate interested in social media, public relations, marketing or communications
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Prior social media internship experience preferred
- Familiarity with all aspects of social media platforms
- Very detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task, highly organized
- Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Experience with project management tools, Canva, and social media management tools
20 hours per week at $10 per hour
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume and three social media examples to email@example.com.
Posted: May 16, 2017
HEALTHCARE & HOSPITALITY MARKETING INTERN - CCH Marketing
CCH marketing is seeking an intern for a content marketing and digital advertising position focused on the healthcare and hospitality industry. This is a paid internship, and the selected candidate will gain valuable experience in social media, brand journalism, and digital advertising for the healthcare industry.
- Help create and solicit content for social media channels
- Assist in maintaining client editorial calendar
- Adhere to client style guidelines and uphold best practices to ensure brand consistency
- Adhere to agreed-upon project deadlines
- Assume responsibility for fact-checking and proofreading
- Provide regular progress updates to Account Manager
- Provide additional support to the Account Manager as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Junior/Senior-level student majoring in marketing, journalism, advertising, public relations or other related field
- Must demonstrate strong writing ability
- Prior work experience and experience with social media platforms is required
- Ability to work 15-24 hours each week
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to proofread material for grammatical, typographical and stylistic errors
- Creative, results-oriented and willing to learn
- Familiarity with AP style and ability to adapt to modified style guidelines
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Team-oriented and flexible with excellent interpersonal skills
Founded in 2007, CCH marketing is a full-service marketing agency located in Winter Park, Florida. We represent clients across a broad range of industries. Our team of professionals learns our client businesses from the inside out, developing their voice and delivering meaningful communications that move the meter with the intended audience. From upper-level consulting to full-on campaign management and execution, we have the expertise and resources to deliver real results that show on the bottom line.
- 2017 PRSA Silver Anvil Finalist – Crisis Communications
- 2016 Orlando Business Journal #9 ‘Social & Digital Media Marketing Agencies’
- 2016 Winter Park Chamber of Commerce Ovation Award – ‘Best Marketing/PR Firm’
- 2015 Orlando Business Journal #7 ‘Social & Digital Media Marketing Agencies’
- 2015 Orlando Business Journal #8 ‘Top Social Media Marketing Firms’
- 2015 Winter Park Chamber of Commerce Ovation Award – ‘Best Marketing/PR Firm’
- 2014 Winter Park Chamber of Commerce Ovation Award – ‘Best Marketing/PR Firm’
- 2013 Winter Park Chamber of Commerce Ovation Award – ‘Best Marketing/PR Firm’
- 2013 Orlando Business Journal Reader’s Choice Award – ‘Best PR Firm’
- 2012 Orlando Business Journal Reader’s Choice Award – ‘Best PR Firm’
- 2012 Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Don Quijote Award – ‘Hispanic Business of the Year, Under 5 Years’
- Flexible schedule
- Convenient location in Winter Park
- Valuable work experience and opportunity to expand writing portfolio
- Casual work environment
Email your resume, letter of interest and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading: 2017 Marketing Intern.
- Resume should include courses completed in the major and other relevant coursework.
- Your letter of interest should demonstrate your persuasive writing ability – why are you the most qualified candidate?
- Qualified candidates will be contacted for a personal interview and a brief copywriting/editing test. No phone calls, please.
Posted: April 3, 2017
SUMMER INTERN - Poston Communications
Poston Communications LLC is a national media relations agency serving clients in highly regulated industries, including top law and accounting firms, and other professional services organizations.
We are currently accepting applications for our Summer 2017 Internship Program. Candidates will be accepted in both our Atlanta and Orlando offices.
As part of our commitment to excellence, we are focused on developing future leaders in PR. We created our Internship Program to provide hands-on experience combined with learning opportunities for recently graduated individuals, undergraduate students in their senior year of college and graduate students.
Our semester-long curriculum covers all substantive areas that prepare our interns to take on the role of Assistant Account Executive in our firm, as well as leadership topics, workstyle assessments and discussions on real-life career issues. Our interns are assigned to client teams, write and pitch story ideas to reporters, and coordinate media placements.
We’re looking for forward-focused self-starters with demonstrated leadership in their school work, extracurricular activities and their communities. Interns should be motivated by our fast-paced work environment and ready to be a team-player.
We subscribe to a philosophy of “we, us, our” and look for individuals who want to be part of a collaborative culture, work hard and serve our clients exceptionally.
- Drafts basic public relations materials, including news releases, pitches, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials.
- Attends and participates in client meetings, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions.
- Develops and updates media lists and other databases, including client, marketing, prospect and administrative databases.
- Assists with administrative duties, including managing newspaper and periodical inventories.
- Supports the agency with client, business development and firm management projects.
- Currently enrolled in a public relations, communications, marketing or other related program, with senior class standing, or have recently graduated from an undergrad or graduate program.
- Must be able to dedicate a minimum of 25 hours per week to the internship.
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments.
- Possess basic media relations skills, and an ability to interact professionally with clients.
- Uses good judgment.
Please send your cover letter, resume and two writing samples to email@example.com.
A special note: The application process begins when you submit your resume. Please give careful attention to your cover letter and other attachments to ensure accuracy and relevancy. The attention to detail that you present should reflect the high standards that we seek. In addition, circulating your resume to email addresses within our company outside of the provided address above disqualifies you from consideration.
Posted: March 21, 2017